Without the Catapult, I am certain that the UK would not be as well positioned globally as a leading commercial space nation.
- Now No.1 in the world for CubeSats.
- 5x increase in turnover in the three years 2013 to 2016
- £5m turnover for the financial year 2015/16
How has the Catapult helped?
- Technical development: Catapult and Clyde Space worked to develop an end-to-end nanosatellite mission development kit called NANOBED, a start-up laboratory facility for mission demonstration. NANOBED is now available as a commercial product and Clyde Space delivered a NANOBED to a University in Mexico as part of a UK Space Agency programme.
- Opening new markets: Clyde Space and Catapult worked together with a satellite operator and a potential customer from the Oil and Gas sector to design a bigger platform for more power-demanding telecom payloads.
The Catapult provides the link between space technology and real-life applications, bringing together entrepreneurs, big data consumers within industry and government and helping to nurture and navigate the opportunities. The Catapult is a vital part of the UK space industry growth.
– Craig Clark, CEO, ClydeSpace
Click here to download the full ClydeSpace Impact report.