A UK/Australia joint event brought to you by the Satellite Applications Catapult (UK) and Atomic Sky (Aus)
What is the purpose of the facilitated workshop?
This workshop is to encourage Australian – UK business engagement and awareness across Advanced Technologies (Robotics, Automation, Manufacturing, Data and AI) and opportunities in the International space sector. Through facilitated discussions with experts in the field, companies will gain knowledge of cross-sector opportunities (collaborative and commercial) in the UK and Australia.
Participants will hear from Space and Advanced-Tech advisors, Industry primes and end users. With three speakers from both Australia and UK followed by facilitated group discussions in separate breakout rooms, you will be able to have meaningful discussions around the speakers’ experiences and perceptions and identify possible opportunities.
Supporting increased bi-lateral business to business engagements and guided by sector leaders, this workshop facilitates the initiation of international collaborative partnerships and projects between the UK and Australia.
Who should attend?
- Space sector companies who are currently, or have ambition to explore the integration of Space and Satellite-based technology, products, systems and services with Advanced Tech capabilities for broader application;
- Advanced Technology companies who have an ambition to enter the space sector or to collaborate their solutions with space-based technology;
- Companies interested in international collaboration within the Space and Advanced-Tech sectors;
- Companies wishing to engage with the space sectors in UK and Australia;
- Academics interested in commercialising research through international partnerships
What benefits could I potentially gain from attending this?
- Increased understanding of Advanced-Tech and Space-Tech trends in Australia and the UK
- Awareness of end users and customers challenges and requirements in Advanced Tech and Space sectors
- Visibility of key Space and Advanced-Tech supply chains in Australia and the UK
- Develop relationships and partnerships with complementary companies
- Identify possible business and collaboration opportunities
Confirmed Workshop Speakers
- Karl Rodriguez, International & National Engagement Director, Australian Space Agency
- Alberto Garbayo, Business Development Director, AVS Space
- Sam Forbes, GM Fugro Remote Systems and Board of AROSE (Australian Remote Operations for Space & Earth), Fugro neXt Remote Operations
- Chris Brunskill. Head of UK Space Programmes, D-Orbit
- Phil Bland, Director of Space Science and Technology Centre, Curtin University
- Andrew Paliwoda, CEO and Co-Founder, Responsive Access
Click here to view the event agenda.
Click here to to apply to attend this event.
We are also running another UK-Australia event. Please click here if you would like to apply to attend or to join the waiting list of the UK-Australia: Future of Agriculture Space Applications Workshop.
This event is led by the Satellite Applications Catapult and Atomic Sky with support from growing, cross-sector, collaborative leaders.