A UK/Australia joint event brought to you by the Satellite Applications Catapult (UK) and AgriStart (Aus)
What is the purpose of the facilitated workshop?
The purpose of this workshop is to encourage Australian – UK business engagement and awareness for cross-sector technologies in Agri-Tech and the Space sector. Through facilitated discussions with experts in the field, companies will gain knowledge of cross-sector opportunities (collaborative and commercial) in the UK and Australia.
Participants will hear from Space and Agri-Tech advisors, Industry primes and end users. With three speakers from both Australia and UK followed by facilitated group discussions in separate breakout rooms, you will be able to have meaningful discussions around the speakers’ experiences and perceptions, and identify possible opportunities.
With the aim of supporting increased bi-lateral business to business engagements, this workshop will encourage the initiation of international collaborative partnerships and projects between the UK and Australia.
Who should attend?
- Space companies who are currently, or have ambition to explore the application of space and satellite-based technology, products, systems and services in Agriculture;
- Agri-tech companies who are space ready or have an ambition to integrate solutions with space-based technology as an enabler;
- Companies interested in international collaboration within the Space and Agri -tech sectors;
- Companies wishing to engage with Satellite Application Catapult and AgriStart;
- Academics interested in commercialising research through international partnerships
What benefits could I potentially gain from attending this?
- Increased understanding of Agri-tech and Space-tech capabilities in Australia and the UK
- Awareness of end users and customers challenges and requirements in Agriculture and Space sectors
- Visibility of key Space and Agri-Tech supply chain
- Develop relationships and partnerships with complementary companies
- Identify possible business opportunities
- Nicola Sasanelli, Communications and Engagement Director, SmartSAT
- Callum Kelly, Solutions Architect, Space and Satellites in Agriculture, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Sharna Gover, CEO and Australian Space Agency Advisory Board, Imvelo Innovating Ecosystems
- Keith Norman, UK Board Advisor, Hummingbird Technologies
- Mark Callanan, Head of Australia & NZ, Hummingbird Technologies
- Brad Jones, Bungulla Farming Pty Ltd and WA Grain Farmer
- Steven Tompkins, Director of Sector Development – Agriculture & Rail, Inmarsat
Click here to apply to attend this event.
This event is led by the Satellite Applications Catapult and AgriStart with support from growing, cross-sector, collaborative leaders.