Designing and testing effective antennas and associated RF systems is a challenging task, to simplify this for those organisations who have bespoke needs we offer capabilities of both Near and Far Field ranges for full antenna characterisation, and offers further leverage through emulation for full spectrum simulation.
Additional capabilities include spectrum and network analysers, microwave testing and a large variety of dummy loads for system assessment.
The spherical near-field range (Azimuth turntable and Theta over Phi swing arm) is housed in a purpose built 4m anechonic chamber. This provides:
- With a measurement bandwidth of 512MHz andupper operating frequency of 50GHz, the signal analyser incorporates options to support state-of-the-art developments in the satellite industry.
- Power envelope and tracking measurements of high power amplifiers is possible using the K18 and K18D (digital pre-distortion) options.
- The multi-channel CW option (K17), with the associated option in our vector signal generator allows the group delay of a satellite link to be measured.
- The vector signal analysis option (K70) provides analysis of numerous parameters in complex waveforms.
- The OFDM analysis option (K96) extends the vector analysis function to OFDM carriers as may be encountered on MSS links.