Designing and testing effective antennas and associated RF systems is a challenging task, to simplify this for those organisations who have bespoke needs we offer capabilities of both Near and Far Field ranges for full antenna characterisation, and offers further leverage through emulation for full spectrum simulation.
Additional capabilities include spectrum and network analysers, microwave testing and a large variety of dummy loads for system assessment.
The spherical near-field range is housed in a purpose built 4m2 anechonic chamber. This facility provides:
- NSI-MI Spherical Near-Field Range measurement system with azimuth (Phi) turntable, Theta over Phi swing arm, and polarisation axis (scan area: 360 degrees in Phi and 270 degrees in Theta)
- Rohde & Schwarz ZNB 40 Vector Network Analyser
- Reliable operation in the frequency range 700 MHz to 40 GHz
- Antenna measurement data include:
- 3D complex far-field co-polar and cross-polar radiation patterns (for linear or circular polarisation)
- Axial ratio (over 3D surface)
- Multi-frequency directivity, gain and efficiency
- Phase centre vs frequency