Net Zero Space Coalition
The Coalition’s mission is to accelerate the transition to Net Zero through Space Technology. In a global effort to limit warming to 1.5C and safeguard a livable climate, governments, institutions and corporations are working together to sharply reduce emissions this decade and achieve a balance of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest.
This Coalition is calling for organisations across the space value-chain and wider space technology ecosystem to come together to tackle our sector’s emissions and co-develop impactful solutions for other sectors.
The Coalition is working towards two key objectives:
- To deliver guidance and best practice across the space value-chain, building strong capabilities that enable them to decarbonise and comply with evolving regulatory and procurement policies with new sustainable solutions.
- To co-develop AND deliver high-impact solutions utilising space technology to accelerate the transition to Net Zero for a range of sectors.
Space technology has the potential to enable scalable, impactful solutions and this coalition aims to identify the best solutions and create strong partnerships so they can be widely adopted.
If you and your business would like to be involved in the Coalition, please express your interest using the form below. We will reach out to you to start the process by the first week of December. There is no commitment at this stage, we are looking to establish the appetite for collaboration:
Joining the Net Zero Coalition provides a range of benefits for organisations of all sizes, including, but not limited to:
- An understanding of the evolving regulatory and procurement requirements for Net Zero and support for your company’s compliance
- An opportunity to learn from and share best practices with companies facing similar challenges, allowing for more efficient and effective emissions reduction
- The creation of new, long-lasting partnerships to collaboratively deliver the commitments made at COP26
- An understanding of the meaning of a climate-friendly future powered by satellites
- The creation of a united voice on behalf of the Space Sector to inform policy and identify any support required
- From Monday 1 November: At the COP KTN Digital Pavilion, our Head of Net Zero, Amanda Campbell, will formally announce the Coalition.
- 1-15 November: Submit your details above to ‘express interest’ in the Coalition.
- 15 November: We will reach out to you with available meeting dates.
- 22 November – 20 December: Meetings to discuss available levels of commitments and align coalition aims, objectives and deliverables.
- 3 January 2022 – 28 February 2022: Align 12-18 month project plan.
- March 2022: Publish Coalition Declaration.
- From December 2022: Launch high impact interventions.
- March 2023 – June 2023: Publish Space Sector’s Net Zero guideline.
If you would like to participate, or have any questions, please complete the form above or email Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org