This is a workshop to share recent research, exchange ideas and identify potential new opportunities focused on satellite applications in emerging markets.
Presentations will share new research findings, provide examples of current projects and highlight new initiatives with the opportunity for participants to share their challenges and experiences.
The closing networking session will provide the opportunity for organisations with an interest in emerging markets, and UK satellite services companies to connect and share their particular needs, skills and capabilities.
- 09:30 Arrival, registration and coffee
- 10:00 Welcome and Introduction – Sam Adlen, Head of Business Innovation, Satellite Applications Catapult
- 10:10 Opening keynote – Speaker to be advised
- 10:25 I-Sat Connection – How mobile satellite communications are spurring the growth of inclusive digital economies in emerging markets. – James Cemmell, Head of Government Affairs, Inmarsat
- 10:45 Opportunities for the space industry in 4 key emerging economies: Ethiopia and Philippines – Benhan Limketkai, Senior Consultant, Dalberg
- 11:15 Q&A – Sam Adlen (Facilitator)
- 11:30 Break
- 11:45 Opportunities for the space industry in 4 key emerging economies: Brazil and Nigeria – Aly-Khan Jamal, Associate Partner, Dalberg
- 12:15 What is STARHub? Sharing knowledge and connecting in-country experts with the UK space sector – Adrien Muller, Business Innovation Associate, Satellite Applications Catapult
- 12:30 Q&A (Opportunity to identify potential new opportunities and research gaps) – Sam Adlen (Facilitator)
- 13:00 Lunch and networking (Opportunity to explore STARHub portal)
- 14:00 Event close