This workshop has been developed for both the FEOA community and the UKEOF Management Group Members, as well as others within public sector organisations who either already or could potentially use space products and services to enhance their environmental monitoring programmes.
The aims of the workshop are:
- To provide the opportunity to discuss how environmental monitoring can be enhanced using space products and services
- To demonstrate how government programmes (particularly SSGP), new data streams and funding mechanisms can help your organisation take action.
09:30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Welcome and Introductions
10.05 Aims of the day; why are we here in Harwell, what is SSGP?
10.10 The environmental monitoring challenges
10.30 What is the community already doing with space?
- A review of Natural England 20 yr use of space. What next?
- Updates and challenges from FEOA community – bite size talks
12.30 What is new that could help?
- Data from Copernicus, NovaSAR, Cosmo SkyMed
- Technology from EGNOS and Galileo
- Funding opportunities
- Experts to ask
12.45 Lunch and networking / demo of data search facility
13.30 Recent solutions
- Inspiration and lessons from Eurisy
14.00 Common requirements and barriers– possible projects / possible solutions / possible actions.
- A. Defra / environmental policy and monitoring requirements
- B. Mapping – is it desirable / possible to have a base map for multiple users?
- C. A public sector space user’s forum
- D. Monitoring with a new generation of sensors- what is the role of space
- E. Visualising and integrating data sets
(please select your preferred breakout group topic during the registration process)
15.30 Wrap up. Refreshments and networking.
Registration has now closed.