The European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) is open to anybody with an idea which utilises satellite navigation technology; be it for position, time, navigation or any other application.
How to enter 2018 Awards
Entry to the 2018 awards opens on 1 May 2018. You will need to visit the ESNC website to fill in your application. To help you complete this form for your idea, please visit the ESNC Ideas Database and follow this guide:
- Scroll down to the section which says ‘register’. Fill in all of your details, tick the box to say you agree to terms and conditions (once they have been read).
- You will then need to choose whether or not you wish to be entered for a Special Topic Prize
- Click ‘register’.
- You will then be taken to the application process. Begin by filling in all of your personal details and those of your business.
- To complete the application, you will need to complete 4 areas – technological, commercial, legal and file uploads that include your logo. After you fill in the details required on each section, click ‘save’ and then click ‘next’ – this will mean you can navigate away from the page and return later to complete your application if need be.
- As you complete each area, it will be ticked off for you. Once all areas are complete, they will all be ticked and your application is complete. It will be automatically submitted for you by the system. You do not need to do anything else.
If you get during the application process or wish to complete it later, simply click ‘save’ and then use your login details to return at another time. If you have any questions, or need any help, please contact us. We can help!
The UK Challenge winner will be offered:
- Business support package (worth £5,000) and tailored to your business requirements.
- Technical support from the UK competition partners.
- Introductory discussion on Intellectual property with Marks & Clerk, leading patent and trademark attorney.
- Access to additional E-GNSS Accelerator business support worth EUR 62,000 (if eligible)
- A free trip to the ESNC Awards Ceremony in Marseille, France, on 4 December 2018
The judging panel for the UK ESNC 2018 is made up of UK experts and business leaders in Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), with representatives from the satellite industry and academia.
Judging criteria for UK ESNC
The judging criteria are focused around the core areas of innovation, benefit and a defined business plan. The judges will base their conclusions on their expert understanding of the:
- Potential benefit of an idea for the satellite technology industry and how the idea differs from other, already available solutions
- Technological feasibility, time to market, and business planning of the idea
- Investment potential and likelihood of commercial application and success of the idea
All applications are fully considered by the judging panel, and all completed UK entries receive written feedback.