Funding Competition: Emerging and Enabling technologies – round 2
Innovate UK is offering businesses the opportunity to apply for a share of £15 million to develop technologies to stimulate future products, services and industries, including satellite applications.
- Registration deadline: 11:59am on 3 May 2017
- Application deadline: 11:59am on 10 May 2017
- Briefing event: 9:30am-3pm on 8 March 2017 in central London.
The competition aims to help UK businesses broaden their innovation activities, disrupt existing markets and find new revenue sources. It should support the competitiveness of SMEs and large companies.
An SME can apply on its own for funding up to £100,000. All consortia must involve at least one SME. Projects are expected to last between 6 months and 3 years, with a value of £35,000 to £2 million.
An organisation may only lead on 1 project, but they could be a partner in 2 further projects.
One of the priority areas is Space Applications. Proposals must have innovations in at least one of the following areas:
- Satellite communications, such as new services or applications using satellite communications infrastructure. We are particularly interested in innovations related to ground segment and user terminals for telecommunications
- Satellite navigation, such as new services or applications using global navigation satellite system (GNSS) infrastructure. We are particularly interested in innovations that combine GNSS data with other forms of sensor data to deliver sensor fusion or hybrid systems
- Earth observation and environmental monitoring services, such as new services or applications using existing satellite infrastructure or technology that directly links to new commercial service provision
- Market or technical feasibility projects that will lead to future in-orbit service demonstrations
Projects that include development of new satellite instruments or hardware are eligible so long as they have a clear path to exploitation as part of a service or application.
For further details about the competition, including eligibility, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/funding-competition-emerging-enabling-technologies-round-2/competition-brief-emerging-enabling-technologies-round-2