International Partnerships and Investment Manager
Closing Date: Monday 22 October
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Responsible to: Chief Innovation Officer
Responsible for: International Partnership Development
Working Hours: 37.5h/week
Salary: £65,000 – £75,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, 3 months probation, 1 month notice
Holiday: 28 days per annum, plus statutory holidays
Equal Opportunities: The Satellite Application Catapult strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
The Satellite Applications Catapult is an independent technology and innovation company whose purpose is to promote, develop and facilitate the commercialisation and advancement of the satellite applications industry. We are a not for profit research and innovation organisation, with a commercial trading subsidiary. The organisation embraces an open and innovative culture, encouraging an ethos of knowledge exchange and sector engagement, and has quickly become a world class centre of facilities and expertise.
We’re one of ten Catapults launched by Innovate UK. The aim for each is to become a world-leading innovation centre in its own specialist area.
To innovate for a better world, empowered by satellites.
To be a world-leading technology and innovation company, helping businesses of all sizes to realise the potential from space. By embracing a pioneering, agile, collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, we create valued partnerships to deliver game-changing results.
The Catapult fosters an open and collaborative culture that stimulates and develops staff and encourages collaboration and innovation. Our employee value proposition is strong. We have worked hard to create an environment which is dynamic, exciting, challenging, rewarding, flexible and, most importantly, fun.
International Partnership Development
- Develop partner networks and strategic partnerships globally. These include projects and programmes (for both export and inward investment), and physical facilities or capability internationally to stimulate innovation, exports and inward investment.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts against key value streams.
- Work with current international initiatives such as our office in Chile.
- Work in close collaboration with project implementation teams and value streams for analysing the funding requirements.
- Structure and execute initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships.
- Develop and manage partner agreements.
- Drive results through partnerships.
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact.
- Develop and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic international partnership activities.
Major Programme and Partnership Finance
- Develop relationships with global partners to bring major finance toward projects, programmes and other international initiatives such as local facilities.
- Secure project and programme finance to drive delivery of sustainable solutions in country that build on initial developments funded by other means.
- Build links with key funding bodies including international development banks, sovereign wealth funds, private equity and other in-country partners.
- Establish the partnerships and agreements to close new investment and partnership opportunities for the Catapult.
Major Project Finance Support
- Support Catapult, and businesses within our community, to develop major project financing approaches, including major satellite financing.
- Prepare financial models.
- Work on due diligence, and compliance as required.
Any other duties dependent on the needs of the business.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of, and links with, major international financiers and partners.
- Networks within relevant international markets, including agencies as well as local firms.
- Proven ability to find and broker strategic partnerships that have led to increased revenue and contracts.
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities.
- Experience of structuring and delivering major project financing.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and highly developed sector knowledge.
- Willingness to challenge existing methods while taking ownership & being accountable. Ability to think “outside the box” to create pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to work across an organisation (teams, divisions, & internationally) to deliver against plans & targets in the agreed timeframes.
- Ability to influence senior decision makers.
- Ability to build relationships, coach and influence at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities within a collaborative environment.
- A team player with a sense of humour and a calm demeanour.
- Highly organised, ability to manage multiple projects through to completion, and ability to oversee the work of others.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, and creativity toward changing needs and situations
This is an exceptional opportunity for an International Partnerships and Investment Manager.
Apply: If you are up for the challenge and thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.