Executive Assistant (Precision Medicine Catapult)
Location: Cambridge with some travel to London and Oxford
Responsible to: Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, 3 month probation and 1 month notice
Holiday: 28 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunities: The Precision Medicine Catapult strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected.
The Precision Medicine Catapult (PMC) is an independent technology and innovation company whose purpose is to promote, develop and facilitate the commercialisation and advancement of the medical industry. The company is a not-for-profit Research Organisation, with a commercial trading subsidiary. The organisation embraces an open and innovative culture, encouraging an ethos of knowledge exchange and sector engagement, and has quickly become a world class centre of facilities and expertise.
We’re one of 11 Catapults established and overseen by Innovate UK. They are places where the best of the UK’s innovative businesses and researchers work together to bring new products and services more quickly to commercialisation. Focusing on areas with great market potential, Catapults will open up global opportunities for the UK and generate economic growth for the future.
- Accelerate precision medicine to become more ‘mainstream’ healthcare, ensuring realigned and robust ethics and regulatory compliance
- Help to develop and grow precision medicine more quickly for the benefit of patients, life sciences and industry, to make the advances in research and innovation in precision medicine available to all, and in doing so, drive economic growth for the UK
The PMC’s vision is to establish the UK as the national and international leader of the precision medicine industry developed at scale and delivering safe, reliable and efficient treatments to meet patients’ personalised needs at affordable cost.
The Catapult fosters an open and collaborative culture that stimulates and develops staff and encourages collaboration and innovation. Our employee value proposition is strong. We have worked hard to create an environment which is dynamic, exciting, challenging, rewarding, and flexible. More about the PMC
- Organise and co-ordinate a range of meetings/events including booking venues and timely preparation and distribution of agendas/papers.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a weekly report with diary, necessary papers, etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the CEO and Executive team between them and their direct reports and the committees and groups to which they are a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements and ensure arrangements are in place for the CEO and executive team to match their requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the CEO by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Help CEO and Executive team manage output, workflow and office deadlines.
- Ensure guests attending meetings with the executive team are treated with care and dealt with professionally.
- Take minutes for all meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Draft, type and dispatch all executive team’s correspondence.
- Ideally you will be able to identify key people in the industry, be able to network and build strong professional relationships and assist the CEO to navigate through her busy commitments.
- You will be highly motivated, professional individual who is experienced at supporting a CEO.
- Previous Executive Assistant experience working at Director level (essential).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and the ability to minute meetings.
- NHS experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Flexible and mature approach with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to influence key decision makers and challenge when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Ability to build relationships, coach and influence at all levels.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, discretion, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to demonstrate a commercial approach.
- Ability to think “outside the box” to create pragmatic solutions.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant who is looking for a unique opportunity to support an organisation in establishing their business.
If you are up for the challenge and thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 29 September 2016.