Security & Risk Manager
Is compliance your thing? Are laws and regulations thrilling puzzles to solve? Do you enjoy setting up workflows that answer to every eventuality? Here at the Catapult we are looking for a compliance driven individual to take on the exciting role of Security and Risk Manager and run all elements of security (physical, information and cyber) and corporate risk management across the organisation. As an SME entering a new stage of growth, this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone to take on a career opening position with an innovative space organization.
We will happily consider applications from less experienced individuals looking to take on a challenge and grow with us!
This is a permanent role directly with Satellite Applications Catapult. We are based in Harwell with great public transport connections from all of Oxfordshire as well as London. We offer competitive salaries with annual reviews, end of a financial year bonus, 28 days of annual leave plus all your bank holidays paid for as an extra. Our pension scheme is competitive with a maximum of 10% contribution from us if you put in 5% and to top it all off, we have a private medical insurance as a benefit in kind. We work in a collaborative engaging way and believe in empowering our people, after all, you are our greatest asset!
Interested? Why not send your CV to email@example.com!?
Want to know more?
As a Security and Risk Manager you will report directly to CFO and work closely together with all areas of the business understanding our unique way of working, our potential risks and hazards and ensure we are always compliant with all legislations and updates.
Your overall responsibilities will include:
- Management of the corporate security framework (physical, information and cyber) including development and maintenance of all associated policies and procedures
- Monitoring of new security threats (physical, information and cyber) and provision of appropriate risk mitigation plans
- Guidance to the operations and facilities team, who operate a number of facilities across the UK, on physical security recommendations
- Guidance to bids and projects, particularly provision of travel safety and security advice for overseas activities
- Leadership of the company’s document and information classification framework, including compliance with any external regulations (e.g. Government Security Classifications) and any associated accreditations
- Input and recommendations to the company’s Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials + certification
- Lead the cultural and behavioural activities across the organisation to maintain a suitable level of security, including inductions, training, and awareness campaigns
- Leadership of data protection and GDPR compliance and associated activities such as Subject Access Requests and data breaches
Corporate risk management:
- Management of the company’s corporate risk management framework including development and maintenance of all associated policies and procedures
- Lead the corporate risk management process, including maintaining an up to date risk register and presentation to stakeholders on the status or risks and associated mitigation plans
- Support the integration of an effective risk management framework across the organisation
- Provision of risk management input to bids and projects
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity – maintain the company’s DR/BC plan, and work with key stakeholders to ensure an appropriate level of business readiness
The qualities and competencies we are looking for:
- Extensive experience working in a similar business environment, with demonstrable evidence of implementing successful change management
- Up to date knowledge of relevant security issues and threats
- Demonstrable experience of risk management practices
- Knowledge of document classification regulations
- Knowledge of data protection regulations
- Good at delivering to deadlines without compromising on quality
- Comfortable adopting a ‘hands on’ approach to ensure delivery
- Assertive and yet collaborative to effectively achieve the company’s objectives in a positive and proactive manner
- Effective communicator where style and delivery vary with stakeholders and situations to ensure mutual understanding and a positive outcome
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement of yourself and the company
- Excellent at building & maintaining relationships – you understand your impact on, and how to work with, others
- Determined and resilient – you work hard, take pride in what you do, recover from setbacks and keep on going when times are tough
Sold? Send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk!