Senior Communications Systems Engineer (Contractor)
We’re on the lookout for a Senior Communications Systems Engineer to undertake the design, development and integration of a dual satellite-terrestrial communication terminal prototype! The role requires a strong knowledge of modern digital architectures for satellite and cellular networks, spanning IP, baseband and RF technology.
The role involves:
- Working closely with senior experts to define, design and demonstrate end-end system architecture for wireless communications systems.
- Lead prototype technology development, lab integration, and lab testing activities
- Management of the system engineering processes, flow-down and re-formulation of user and system-level technical requirements to sub-system and component level, system modelling and simulation, generation of test plan and system level procedures.
- Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out
- Plan/structure own work and report to Senior Lead Architect Engineer
Sounds perfect? Why not send in your CV to email@example.com
For more on what we do and what it’s like get in touch with our resourcing team.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Qualities required:
- Master Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications Engineering or Physics
- Strong knowledge in communications architectures, waveforms and protocols (3GPP, DVB-S2/RCS), including IP networking, terrestrial communications (LTE) and/or satellite communications.
- Strong knowledge in communications systems hardware, software and systems development.
- Good knowledge in RF Engineering for Mobile Terrestrial and Satellite Communications
- Good knowledge in Network Engineering (IP, TCP/UDP, Routing, Switching, etc..)
- Experience with embedded systems, signal processing, and software engineering techniques.
- Ability to build accurate mathematical models to characterise and simulate system performance for innovative concepts
- Ability to perform technical analysis and produce technical reports
- Capable of innovative thinking.
- Motivated, driven, fast learner
- Be able to Report/presentation writing skills
- Ability to work with a diverse range of teams and to undertake tasks unsupervised by managing own workload
- At least 5 years (preferably 10 years) experience in communications system engineering role
If you are up for the challenge and thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org