This webinar will showcase the exciting outcomes of our most recent project on Space-Based Solar Power.
The Satellite Applications Catapult is driving forward the development of Space-Based Solar Power in the UK, as a founding member of the Space Energy Initiative, and through our commitment to this technology in our new five-year strategy.
For the last four months, we have been working on an enabling project for Space-Based Solar Power, which has focussed on three important areas – wireless power transmission from space, in-orbit servicing and manufacturing (IOSM) and programme assurance. You can find out more by clicking here.
In this webinar, we will bring together our expert team, alongside project partners to share information about the work we have completed, answer questions and discuss what comes next.
Our expert presenters will include:
- Frank Schoofs, Senior Space Power Development Engineer at the Satellite Applications Catapult.
- Jeremy Hadall, Robotics Development Lead at the Satellite Applications Catapult.
- Dr Mamatha Maheshwarappa, Payload Systems Lead at the UK Space Agency.
- Sonia Lalli from Accenture’s Energy Transition Practice.
- John Bull, Senior Engineer at Frazer Nash Consulting.
- Richard Arnold, Technical Director – Ecology at SLR Consulting.
- James Hedges, Business Consultant at CGI Consulting.
- Andy Bradford, CEO of UK Launch Systems Limited.
- Timothy Pelham, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Bristol.
- Swapnil Kulkarni, Principal Applications Engineer at Altair.
- Mike Hontoir, Space Energy Development Engineer at the Satellite Applications Catapult who will provide an update on behalf of Blue Bear Systems Research.