Space Enterprise Labs to open across UK providing physical spaces for national collaboration
- 6 Space Enterprise Labs (SEL) open today at locations across the UK
- Will provide collaborative technology, resources and expertise to space organisations and academic institutions across the country
- Will offer unique facilities that embrace the new hybrid way in which we all now engage with one another.
The first 6 of the Satellite Applications Catapult’s network of Space Enterprise Labs (SEL) open today at locations across the UK, providing users with access to the latest collaborative technology, resources and expertise.
In response to the changing needs of organisations to engage and collaborate virtually with organisations beyond their locality, the roll out of the Space Enterprise Labs is a new evolution in response to the way in which we now all work, democratising access to the space sector regardless of your location. The Space Enterprise Labs work in collaboration with existing space organisations and academic institutions across the country.
Having adapted and optimised their business support services to suit the virtual world, as stakeholders start to re-engage physically again in the post-covid era, the Catapult’s practices have needed to evolve once more, ensuring that they can continue to innovate and collaborate effectively and efficiently.
With this in mind, they have created the Space Enterprise Labs – modular physical spaces for innovation that are digitally inclusive. Located across the country, the Space Enterprise Labs will provide users with Zoom licenses, virtual reality headsets and access to Microsoft Surface Hubs as well as a modern, professional and safe working environment.
The innovative and inclusive services at the Space Enterprise Labs enable the virtual delivery of meetings, business sprints, user engagement spark sessions and other services such as virtual whiteboards and built-in video conferencing, for everyone within the UK space sector to utilise.
Lucy Edge, Chief Operations Officer at the Satellite Applications Catapult commented:
“We are delighted to be launching the Space Enterprise Labs as we continue to support the growth of the space sector across the UK. These unique facilities embrace the new hybrid way in which we all now engage, while also offering a safe and secure environment to foster UK-wide space innovation and discussion. Businesses across the UK will now be able to collaborate across a range of high-tech, high-innovation subjects, to bring ideas and customers together more effectively.”
The Space Enterprise Labs open today in the locations below:
- SEL Exeter (Devon) – Opening October 2021
- SEL Harwell (Oxfordshire) – Opening October 2021
- SEL Leicester (Leicestershire) – Opening October 2021
- SEL NETPark (County Durham) – Opening October 2021
- SEL Penryn (Cornwall) – Opening October 2021
- SEL Portsmouth (Hampshire) – Opening October 2021
Space Enterprise Labs at additional locations below, will be opening soon:
- SEL Daresbury (Cheshire) – coming soon
- SEL Edinburgh (Midlothian) – coming soon
- SEL Glasgow (Lanarkshire) – coming soon
- SEL Leeds (West Yorkshire) – coming soon
- SEL Westcott (Buckinghamshire) – coming soon
To find out more, including the latest launch and booking details for each location, please contact email@example.com or visit sa.catapult.org.uk/sel. For media enquiries please contact Simon Halls at firstname.lastname@example.org