Space Enterprise Labs
Regional spaces for innovation
About the Space Enterprise Labs
The way in which we work has fundamentally changed over the last few years and communicating virtually is now no longer the exception.
Alongside the development of the Space Enterprise Community, the Satellite Applications Catapult has adapted and optimised its services over the last 12 months. But as our stakeholders have started to re-engage physically, these practices have had to evolve once more, ensuring they can continue to innovate and collaborate effectively and efficiently.
With this in mind, we have created the Space Enterprise Labs (SEL), regional spaces for innovation that are digitally inclusive. As an extension of the Space Enterprise Community, the Space Enterprise Labs will provide users with access to resources, virtual demonstrations and Catapult experts, as well as technology including:
- 50” interactive touch screen and virtual canvas with full connectivity capabilities, enabling seamless delivery of meetings, business support sessions, and opportunity development workshops
- Video conferencing licenses to run webinars and engage community
- Professional webcams to ensure engagement quality is always high
- Virtual Reality Headsets for virtual meetings across the network and demonstrations of space capability (1-on-1 or at events)
- Key locations dedicated to running innovation services and capability demonstrations.
- Space Enterprise Lab branded spaces to bring the community together across the country
6 of our Space Enterprise Lab locations are now open, as detailed below, with an additional 5 locations coming soon.
- SEL Daresbury (Liverpool City Region) – coming soon
- SEL Edinburgh (Midlothian) – coming soon
- SEL Exeter (Devon) – now open!
- SEL Glasgow (Lanarkshire) – coming soon
- SEL Harwell (Oxfordshire) – now open!
- SEL Leeds (West Yorkshire) – coming soon
- SEL Leicester (Leicestershire) – now open!
- SEL NETPark (County Durham) – now open!
- SEL Penryn (Cornwall) – now open!
- SEL Portsmouth (Hampshire) – now open!
- SEL Westcott (Buckinghamshire) – coming soon
If would like to find out more about any location or are interested in booking space yourself, please contact email@example.com.
Space Enterprise Community
The Space Enterprise Community is a new online platform designed to provide a collaborative, user friendly and centralised platform for the UK space sector. Designed to help connect a wide variety of organisations and individuals working in the sector across all UK regions, the Community is the result of extensive research, scoping and development by the Catapult’s Regional Growth team (supported by the UKSA), in answer to challenges posed by colleagues across the country.
As well as connecting all commercial, academic, research and public sector stakeholders, it provides a location on which to store and share news, events, opportunities and resources. The platform also acts to encourage conversation and raise the profile of innovative projects and programmes taking place nationwide.