The commercial service company was established by the Satellite Applications Catapult to perform three basic functions:
- Address long-term barriers to market for the commercialisation of industry services and applications.
- Develop high impact programmes that integrate satellite-enabled services and applications into commercial opportunities for industry.
- Commercialise Catapult-owned facilities and services.
Examples of our work include:
- Working with end-users and Industry to develop disruptive commercial models that have potential to change the way Local Authority services are funded. The aim is to create a secure commercial environment where service data is exploited by application developers for a share in revenue.
- Shaping large-scale market intervention programmes that integrate Sat Comms, Navigation and Earth Observation capability with technology from other sectors to create new downstream commercial opportunities for industry.
- Capital investment programmes aimed at providing facilities that are available on a commercial basis which lower the entry barriers to market.
The following white papers are available upon request:
- Intelligent transport Systems Programme Framework
- Connectivity for Rural and Dispersed communities
- Disruptive Innovation for Space
- Westcott 5G Step Out, Business Incubation Centre and Innovation Centre