“The Catapult Business Innovation team has provided us with invaluable support in areas such as financial planning and planning for growth.”
- In 2016, turnover was 3 x turnover of 2013.
- 5 Interns through SPIN programme, recruiting one full-time.
- CEMS user to develop products and services.
- UK-Singapore showcase event, led to new collaborations.
- In 2015, established a subsidiary company located in Madrid.
How has the Catapult helped?
- Validation and demonstration of Geocento’s capability: Geocento is part of Catapult’s Sentinel Data Access Service (SEDAS).
- Development of new products: Catapult and Geocento worked together to prototype the capability to use social media to support more efficient tasking of satellite imagery.
- Opening new markets: Catapult provided design input and outreach to Geocento as part of a collaborative ESA project to create a earth observation broker platform for the oil and gas industry.
- Export opportunities: Geocento attended the UK/Singapore Technology Showcase, supported by Catapult. Following successful meetings with commercial and government organisations, Geocento signed a reseller agreement. Geocento was part of Catapult’s delegation to SpaceCom 2015 (Houston), which led to a Request for Information (RFI) from a major oil industry players looking to license Geocento’s technology.
- Meeting key players: As part of the Harwell Cluster and a regular attendee of the Catapult’s workshops and networking events, Geocento has met several potential customers and partners.
“The Catapult Business Innovation team has provided us with invaluable support in areas such as financial planning and planning for growth. Being part of the Harwell Space Cluster gives us credibility. It’s a two-way process – as an SME you are always looking for support, if you need it, it’s available and very effective.
And working with the Catapult through collaborative projects has been very valuable to our business. We benefit from the onsite facilities, such as cloud computing running on the Catapult’s Climate, Environment and Monitoring from Space (CEMS) facility.”
– Kim Partington, CEO